Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Yet another long, frustrating day at the bar that is not worth rehashing. (The actual bar tending/client interaction is great, it is everything/one else that is problematic) I also officially hate mojitos, they take for bloody ever to make, especially when the bar is packed, which it now is pretty much all the time. One amusing note about the level of communication: The boss of my bosses boss (the Food and Beverage director for the whole hotel) quite a few days ago and no one bothered to tell us. It's a shame-he was both competent and a decent guy, which has proven to be an unusual combination. Two characters for my upcoming feature film/sitcom/Ken Burns documentary: 1. The Brazilian who found it hilarious that I knew and used the Spanish word for clown, and insists on saying it and chuckling every single time he sees me. 2. The Indian who has absolutely fallen in love with one of the Brazilian girls, and hounds her simply by pronouncing her name endlessly with a maniacal puppy-dog twinkle in his eye.

I was really hoping to be able to ski during the days before work, but when I don't get to sleep until 3 or 4, it makes that plan kind of difficult. Somethings gotta give. [token movie reference]

No comments: