Thursday, December 14, 2006

An interesting impact of the regularity with which I'm posting the mundane events that currently comprise "my life" (cue Billy Joel) is that I have managed to make myself totally superfluous. Out for drinks the other night, I realized that every story I began to tell, my buddy had in fact already read thanks to this website. This means, of course, that it is possible to be completely clued in on the happenings in my life without ever actually having to converse with me. And the peasants rejoiced! On a related note, it means you all know far more about me than I do about you. I was talking to a friend tonight I hadn't spoken with in over a year, and while I didn't know where she worked, she was probably well aware that I had a tasty rib eye the other night. It is a sort of curious phenomenon.

Big week coming up work wise---after the schedule for next week is posted on Saturday I'll know whether they are (finally) going to accommodate the hours I've said I would work, and if not, I'll be looking for a new job. The pace this week is also going to be comparable to what it will be the majority of the winter, and if it is so hectic that I don't enjoy myself, I will also be seeking other means of gainful employment.

Sarah had to have her surgery delayed due to the qualms of an anesthesiologist, but was able to have it today. (On her birthday, what fun) She is officially thyroid-less and recovering--the surgeon said all went very well and she should be home tomorrow. Huzzah!

No comments: