Friday, December 08, 2006

America, Canada, Mexico, the U.K., France, Ireland, Bulgaria, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, India, Japan. The roster of an international conference on regulating sperm whale populations? Quite possibly, and a valid guess, but in this case incorrect. Rather, it is the various nationalities represented in the restaurant and bar where I work. Definitely one of the cooler parts of my job---and, at times, one of the more frustrating. Those years of model U.N. in High School are finally having a practical application. Decided that my diet of staff cafeteria/frozen dinners was getting old, so a couple of guys and I went out for a good meal tonight---I have consumed a heck of a lot of cow in my life, and the steak tonight was one of, if not the best I've ever had. Best part is, it probably only shaved 2 years off my life expectancy.

No comments: