Thursday, December 28, 2006

Random nice thing of the day: (admittedly, nice thing of yesterday, but what the hell)

Just as I was closing the bar two nights ago, a young German tourist came in wanting a margarita. I made it for her, and she was very apologetic about being unable to give me a tip. (She only had a 10 and the drink was 9.90.) The next day, she came and found me (no small feat as I was working in a different bar) and gave me a 5 dollar tip.

I managed to work in not one, not two, but three different bars yesterday (including the aptly named Ice Bar--kind of nice, actually, limited supply so I actually get to tell people no. As in, you want Shiraz, too fucking bad, I've got Merlot. Insert Sideways quote here. Allright, fine, I'll do it for you. I'm not drinking fucking Merlot.)

I started watching The Office, and the girl who plays Pam is a perfect example of the importance of personality. While by no means meeske (sp?), she is also no Jessica Alba. But her manner is so totally charming she is made much more attractive. There are also plenty of girls who might be nice to look at, but once you see them open their mouths, or talk to a waiter, it is game over.

No comments: