Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Well, we finally got the big storm we've needed---about 2 ft. of snow. I got up for a few hours today and was literally in powder past my knees. Another dead bar shift, although an Olympic gold medalist passed through, which isn't something you see every day. (from France, I forget his name) I actually had a guy come in and order several Grasshoppers today, and between that and the Frank Sinatra playing I really felt like I was slinging drinks in the 50s. Random tangent: Speaking of Grasshoppers, it made me think of one of my favorite scenes in The Muppet Movie, when Kermit walks into a bar after having a fight with Piggy and orders a Grasshopper. Low and behold, on the DVD version of the film this scene is omitted due to Disney's fears about having the famed frog drink. C'mon! It's one thing to ruin Star Wars by having Greedo shoot first and digitally adding Hayden "Limp Fish" Christiansen, but messing with my muppets?!? Oh, the humanity...

4 comments:

TapirBoy1 said...

Try as you might, you can never get Muppets of your brain, can you?

How 'bout that "mysteriously ill" Ryan Tucker?

Unknown said...

I'm going with mysterious alcoholism.

Unknown said...

how cool you saw a gold medalist although not as cool as my seeing Edgar od 24 fame. I WIN!!!

Unknown said...

p.s. love the halloween pictures! what animal were you?