Sunday, February 18, 2007

My buddy Jeff is up visiting for the weekend, and having someone up here who doesn't get to see the Rockies every morning reminds me how bloody lucky I am, and how truly gorgeous it is up here. Despite a 3 1/2 hour delay, Jeff finally got in around 1 in the morning yesterday, and we got out for a terrific day of skiing today, with nary a cloud in the sky. They even had I-70 closed for a while, meaning that the President's Day onslaught was not as bad as I feared. That being said, we certainly got to see some of the stereotypical tourist crowd---the type that ski with their fur hood and Dior sunglasses. The amount of posturing and preening is pretty hysterical-much like a peacock, and the odd juxtaposition of the glamor shots with the laid back to a fault locals makes for some amusing chair lifts. On the subject of odd fashion choices, our hostess at dinner tonight was wearing leather pants. Unless I'm at an S and M club, I don't want to see you in leather pants, and certainly not at a nice restaurant. That, combined with our baked waiter named "Rife" only added to the amusement level. I must return to my futile attempts at digesting my ribeye....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Matt,
I did not realize how to sign in to comment. The comment yesterday from someone named "laura" was from me, not Laura Ginsberg, Adam's girlfriend.
Tom

Unknown said...

Ratner: Why does Hellen Keller wear leather pants?

TapirBoy1 said...

So you can read her lips, right?

Matt said...

Sheesh guys, this is a family blog!! I think it says something about my friends that almost everyone I'm close with is equally capable of having an in depth debate about politics and telling Hellen Keller jokes. Gotta love dichotomy. Although, I hear Joe Biden, in his efforts to be more sensitive, is going to have a deaf mute chick as his campaign mascot.