Sunday, April 08, 2007

So, I'm planning some portions of my road trip and reading a guidebook on the Utah national parks. Some of the gems I've encountered in my bedtime reading:

"Southern Utah is awash in critters that, if bothered, can inflict a fair bit of pain, including rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, black widows, wasps, and even centipedes."
"Rattlesnakes, who like to warm themselves on trails..."
"[the ringtail cat] has been known to unzip tents and backpacks..."
"Don't run, as that will trigger a chase. If the lion does attack, fight back"

Fight back? I think once the mountain lion starts attacking I'm going to pretty much give up the ghost...My bold prediction: what is supposed to be three weeks of camping turns into two days after I get so freaked out by every minute noise that I'm only able to sleep with a bottle of Balvenie in me.

Speaking of sleep, I have to get up in 4 1/2 hours to catch my plane, so it's beauty sleep time.

Of course, I also might do enough peyote to truly commune with nature and become this guy

No comments: